Monday, October 29, 2007

endless october.


More than ready to get away from campus, I took a little trip out to the park yesterday afternoon. It was a gorgeous fall day, probably one of the last of the year, and we couldn't have picked a better place to walk in the leaves (well, at least not around here). So with a little carmel popcorn, a fallen tree to climb, and a grassy spot to hang our feet out over the river, there was the perfect Sunday afternoon.

The park reminded me a little of home while we sat quietly on the river bank. The forest almost seemed like the kind in the movie, with lots of small trees and barely any underbrush, so you could walk right through the middle without fighting off poison oak, mossy, rotting logs, and blackberries.

We took a picture up in the tree that we climbed, but we couldn't quite figure out how to show how far off the ground we were, so you'll just have to imagine.

It was a little sad to have to get back in the car and drive home to my dirty little apartment, but I didn't suffer too much, especially since I pretty much just crashed and napped until after 8.

4 comments:

The Lyons said...

hey friend! it was great talking with ya on the phone. i love the picture of you guys - you look really good together. you are beautiful! Thanks to my suitemate, I finally told my roommate the exciting news :o) love ya! glad you got the worst part of the semester over. Have fun with your family coming! that's so nice!

Sarah said...

hey, great picture. I love talking with you on the phone and I can't wait until we can get together at Christmas. Hope your week is going well.
~Love Sarah

Anonymous said...

hey girl of mine, there needs to be a little light between you two. And it is Endless Summer.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I am so excited - they fixed your town's webcam. And just in time for the cold weather which probably caused it to freeze up last February!