This month started out with a Girl's Night Out with the roommates. We went to the mall just long enough to get a couple questions about our dresses and heels and to get really hungry. So of course, we went out to a fancy Italian restaurant and ate until we could barely make it back out to the car.
Actually, that night was the first of my 5 day eating extravaganza. We had a few days off, which I spent visiting my family. And of course, when you're at Grandma's, phrases like: "um, I'm not really that hungry, can you just scoop me a small piece," just get laughed at. Instead, anything that I couldn't eat immediately ended up in a box that I took back home to eat for the next week.
And this week, I made my first pie all by myself. Ok, so I admit, I did make a quick call to my mom before I started. But still. You can see for yourself, it's pretty impressive. While it was baking, just about every single one of my roommates had to open up the oven and say something like: "Wow. That DOES look good." or "You made that by yourself??" They have no confidence in me whatsoever, but I can rise to the challenge. Although I am fairly suprised by it myself, but mostly that I put in that much time and effort just for a boy. What is this world coming to?

3 comments:
Can she bake a cherry pie, billy boy, billy boy ... just remember how that jingle ends!
Sad that I logged on here to sing you the exact same song that mom just did...
wow! i'm way impressed! that's a big step since you never used the cookbook we bought! i have some exciting news to share with you some time! it's crazy that we have less than half of the semester left! i love the pic - you guys are so beautiful! fun time!
love ya
Post a Comment