Wednesday, October 11, 2006

some rest, an aspirin, and a little direction.

I would just like to start off with a long, slow deep breath...in...out...ok.

Thanks.

This week is over. Ok maybe its only Wednesday afternoon, but in my throbbing head, it is over.

I refuse to look at my calendar and see the list of things to do before Friday or even Monday, because I have made it through tests and quizes and presentations and projects with only my grandma's chocolate bars to keep me awake.

And the best news ever? I survived as a Puritan in my US History class and even came out with an A grade. Me! the quiet little puritan churchgoer, who never yelled at those who were trying to tear apart our church, or interrogated the immigrants who were trying to be admitted.

I think I mostly got such a good grade because the prof was in such a good mood after his favorite team won (not the superbowl, by the way heather, we're talking about baseball....right?).

But I also am pretty sure that I even did okay in the exam in the same class today. I only had to leave out one king's name in an essay because I couldn't remember if it was James or Edward. But this is US history, not English history right?

And so now, I can finally breathe and take at least a few minutes to relax and feed my fish (poor thing), wash dishes, clean the floor, take a nap...all the things I've been longing to do for the past...uh has it only been three days?

Oh and I got to dig out my blue suede coat...mmm. I love it.

why? because its snowing!

Yes, I was in denial this morning as I walked to class in utter numbness and cold. I thought: no its not snowing, its October, cmon.

But now I realize that I've missed my gloves and hats and coats and scarves. And although my roommate won't ever let me forget how I told her that my favorite month was fall, I do love winter!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow you really ARE having winter over there. Way to go on the schoolwork this week, have a fun weekend, hon!

Devon said...

suede? I thought it was wool.

Geron Leigh said...

I have a blue suede and a tan wool, you have to have quite a few of coats out here in the artic, I mean midwest.

Anonymous said...

gOOD nEWS! The Sioux Center webcam is back online. Yay for the webcam powers that be, and whoever climbed on the roof to fix it. Now if they would just fix the other area cameras the out of state parents would be totally happy!

Anonymous said...

It's beginning to look alot like christmas! Unbelievable, I haven't even raked leaves yet. Grandpa told me last night this would happen, but not to them!