Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Beach Trip!

Now that we're finally both healthy again, I convinced Ryan and Logan to take some time off from their dutiful studying. Well, to tell you the truth, I don't know how much Logan studies. We stopped at his house on the way home from our trip and he immediately got invited to go play video games. Oh the life of a college student.

But the important thing is that we were able to get away for the day and enjoy some beautiful weather!


Did I mention that it was a perfect beach day?


The boys tried to find some sea life (Logan was going to share his vast biology student knowledge), but they didn't find anything too exciting.


And Ryan forgot the first rule of beach-going: Always keep one eye on the waves. It's okay--he's just a beginner. I plan to give him lots of opportunities to learn the ways of the beach.


It's a good thing that he's a good sport about having wet socks. Because, well, he also forgot the second rule of beach-going: Bring plenty of extra clothes.

Don't worry, I gave him the consolation of eating some delicious fish and chips. I had to keep the experience a positive one, you see. Oh and of course, ice cream. What is the beach without ice cream?


It's not exactly the warm Atlantic with it's boardwalks and dolphins, but I think it's even better here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh what fun! brings back such good memories of the warm atlantic water and for that matter our Oregon trip adventures !


mom h