Monday, March 07, 2011

This isn't a food blog. I promise. Let's face it, I wouldn't be a good food blogger. I just like food. Especially when someone else makes it.

This post isn't about food to make. Instead its about what not to make.

I have officially decided that after Ryan finishes law school for good (287 days and counting), I will not be eating boxed meals again.

After college I took out mac'n'cheese out of my life forever. Now hamburger helper will be soon following. No more cheese powder! I just can't eat it anymore. We will be adults and we will skip that aisle in the grocery store.

I realize that by taking out the easy, prepared meals, I am forcing myself to make meals that require time and preparation. I may regret that decision. But I won't miss eating cheese powder; that I know.

Did I mention that that is what I had for dinner. The cheese on top was less than the creamy goodness that cheese is meant to be. I won't go into any more detail.

And now I'm going to eat a cheesecake brownie.

3 comments:

Leanne said...

I'm with you on someone else making it - B made a lovely spicy pasta dish tonight!

Anonymous said...

I'll make you some food when we come...set out the recipes!!

Mom H

Geron said...

YAY!! Please come soon! I love when you come and cook for me!