With some extra time on my hands this summer, I've been able to do a few of the things that have been on my list for a while. Such as refinish this jewelry box that my grandmother gave me when I was a kid.

The light colored wood just didn't go with the other furniture that I had in my bedroom. Although I think that a certain husband of mine was starting to imagine last summer's humongous painting projects when I drug him through the home department and picked up sand paper, I tried to calm him by explaining that it was only one little project and I wouldn't ask him to help.
The wood sanded down really easily and after a
few coats of dark brown paint and a some more sanding, I ended up with a brand new accessory for my room:

I even surprised myself by pulling off a slightly distressed look.
The credit for the other part of our bedroom's new look has to go entirely to Ryan. We decided to stick to traditional gifts for our first anniversary (which would be paper), and technically, artwork is made out of paper. He picked out these lovelies for above our bed:
These pictures match the rest of our bedroom perfectly, and I love the vintage feel.
It's really starting to feel like I'm finally out of college and out of the dorm room. I won't ever have to use an old cardboard box for a table or tape pictures to my bedframe! Instead I have real furniture and real decor for my home.
2 comments:
Nice choice, Ryan!
Looks good sis.
Post a Comment