Friday, April 09, 2010

You've probably heard someone laugh out loud while reading. I have a certain sister who makes this a daily habit, which I understand. Especially since she's usually reading some making-fun-of-twilight blog or a sci-fi book, of some other piece of fiction, which often is written to be humorous.

However, when was the last time you heard someone chuckle while reading a textbook. My most common reaction to textbook is to fall asleep. In fact, I've found over the years that some textbooks make good pillows--the paperback ones that is.

Now lets take this one step further. What about a law book, like contract law or torts (still not sure what that is)? Well just come on over to my house. If you sit quietly, patiently, you'll be rewarded with a little burst of a giggle in the middle of property law. Don't ask him to explain what's so funny though. It won't make any sense. I've learned to just enjoy the giggling and chuckling as they are without prying into the mind of a lawyer-to-be.

1 comment:

Leanne said...

yes dear, sometimes it is best to just enjoy rather than probe too deep. Dad