Wednesday, December 09, 2009

So amidst the crazy studying this week I am learning all sorts of new vocabulary. The only problem is that I don't actually know what any of it means.

Yesterday we spent three hours just going through more notecards. This mainly consisted of me trying to decipher what the card actually said, since the combination of very sloppy handwriting and law terms made it rather difficult, and then trying to figure out if what Ryan had answered actually matched what the answer on the card said.

But I told him that every time he got a card right he got a star on the card. And when he got five stars on one card he could take it home. And if he was really diligent he could even write his own stars.

That strategy didn't seem to have the motivation and excitement power that it does with other kids. I don't know why.

This morning, he had to brave the wind and rain to get to his second exam. Only three more to go!

No comments: