Saturday, October 10, 2009

finally fall.

I know that it is rather midwestern of me to talk about the weather, but I think that we are finally saying goodbye to our last summer days.

This morning we woke up to a stuffy, humid apartment. We promised not to turn on the ac anymore about two weeks ago. So now all we could do was open all of our windows and hope to catch the breeze.

The breeze did come a few hours later and I've found a lovely spot on my patio to enjoy it.

However, just now I've been chased inside by a sudden downpour. There goes our warm sunny weather. I was just starting a habit of going to class with Ryan in the afternoon and sitting by the beautiful fountains on campus to enjoy the late afternoon sun.

Hopefully this rain will clear the humidity and push out those fall colors that have been so hesitant the last few weeks. I also hope that the princess club has made it indoors quickly enough. This morning the girls were sporting a new type of wardrobe. Now they are more than princesses, they're ladybugs, fairies, bumblebees, and scarecrows. I don't think they're mothers will be too happy if their new costumes get ruined before the big day is even in sight.

No comments: