Monday, March 02, 2009

the sand and waves.

I have only one more day left in southern california. Today I am more excited to leave than usual, its cool and rainy, and I feel like I have everything finished up. I just need to pack (which may be a bit of a nightmare). 

However, yesterday made it quite a lot more difficult to think about leaving. The weather was sunny and 85 degrees and I spent the day bbq-ing on the patio by the pool and then walking along the beach. The sand was hot and the water was perfect. As was the gelato. A few more pictures of the pacific and the valley from the pier, and I had to turn and head towards the midwest winter. We did drive up on a hill along the point to catch one last and breathtaking view at sunset. The entire valley with two rows of mountains began to turn pink as the sun slipped through the clouds behind the barrier islands. The wind was so strong that I felt a little nervous standing on the edge of the cliff and the palm trees looked like they would nearly snap in half, but the view was absolutely amazing.

Tomorrow I'll have to say a sad goodbye to California, but I have some hope because I know I'll soon be moving back to the ocean, although not quite the same one.

No comments: