Thursday, February 19, 2009

watching the sunrise over the atlantic.

Only 2 more weeks of sunshine. I asked some of my students what I should do with my last weekends in southern california. Their first answer was "go to disneyland!" and then "go to the mall!" but I think I'll spend my extra time at the beach. Or maybe eating fresh oranges off the next door neighbor's tree. Or just grading some more seventh grade poems on the lawn chair in the sun. 

Good news, though. I have some direction as to what may be in store for this coming fall. Ryan got an amazing offer from a law school in Virginia, so it looks like we'll be heading to the east coast! Its sure to be another adventure.

However, I can't think about all those possibilities right now. I'm just going to focus on preparing for the exciting Poet's Chair tomorrow and enjoy hearing some hilarious poems written and read aloud by my lovable middle schoolers.

1 comment:

The Lyons said...

thanks for your exciting message about virginia! Congrats to Ryan with Law school. Josh and I are still debating about the Marines....explain later. love ya! enjoy the sunshine! sounds like you are going to be an awesome teacher!