Saturday, December 09, 2006

basically....Christmas.




Since its 52 degrees today (as opposed to the 2 degrees that it was earlier this week), my roommate and I decided to go ice skating.
Now when her dad called and said that he had gone out on the pond and dug through the 6 inch-think ice, I was pretty excited. You see, I've had this lifelong dream to skate on a pond and suddenly there was hope of fulfilling it. Especially since at home we a) don't have ice and b) don't have skates.
So even though it has been a bitterly cold week and I still have another project left to finish before I can really settle into dead week, I've been able to spend a little time enjoying some of the nicer parts of winter in Iowa. (also includes putting up Christmas lights in our dorm...which we might just have to leave up all year long).

Only a few more classes, several exams, one very large Lit project, and only a couple hours of sleep left until break!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That pond looks perfect for skating - do they shovel off the snow?

Unknown said...

there is no snow!! We're going to have a brown christmas...