Monday, May 28, 2012

Our new house is starting to feel like someone lives here. Today, we tackled the row of picture frames that were lined up along the floor in the living room. I don't know why it took so long to hang these up. There's something about blank, freshly painted walls that keeps me from pulling out the nails and hammer.

But I'm so glad I did! In this house, I'm trying to transition from solely wedding gifts as decorations to adding a few of my own things. For example, my winter project: the chalkboard/grocery list. 


I seem to have lost all my step-by-step pictures of this project, so you'll have to go here to see me working on it. I found the wood for the frame outside one of my dad's old barns, and with the assistance of some people who are a little better with carpentry (sawing things safely) my idea came together.

And this afternoon, my dining room came together. Just in time for my orchid to bloom.

No comments: