As a fifth grade girl, I could hardly tell the difference between a football field and a baseball field, but I knew how to make this poor boy angry. When this boy would tap his packers pencils on the back of my head, I would turn around and say, "The Packers' volleyball season is going really good this year, right?" or "That team you like, they're a cheerleading team, right?"
This usually brought on a 5-6 minute rant about the superiority of his football team which generally caught the negative attention of our teacher. Which was my goal. I don't know why this was so satisfying to me. Something about those green pencils waving through the air day after day.
Now fast forward about 10 years. I don't know where that boy is. I haven't talked to him since then. But I know exactly what his face looks like tonight.
I never thought I'd marry a boy like that. Thankfully, I'm smart enough now to keep my mouth shut during the big game. And to be excited when they won.
3 comments:
I am so happy that you did not have to experience Ryan's depression and anger if the packers had lost by one point. Enjoy the victory with Ryan. Dad
Haha yes! This is hilarious!
I know where this boy is haha in fact he moved back to Sweet Home!
Post a Comment