Actually it was probably a combination of recovering both from having 7 people in my apartment and getting crushed by waves at the beach every day for a week.
But for the record, we had a fantastic week. We swam and swam and swam in the ocean. We (well mostly Ryan's nephew) built and destroyed numerous sandcastles. We saw a pod of dolphins. We ate a lot of sand, but managed to avoid any serious sunburns.
We hung out with some early American colonists. I tried to give Ryan brain surgery, patriot soldier style (picture a rusty metal device with a sharp row of teeth: he wouldn't let me go through with it, even though I explained that this procedure had a higher survival rate on the battlefield than amputations)
And most of all ate lots of good food. And drank lots of pop, like good midwesterners. (pop pop pop: do you hear me all y'all out here east of the mississippi? it's called pop. so leave me alone.)
So you can probably imagine why we all needed a little rest after this week. I'm taking mine in the form of a 2 hour nap each day for a week. Which I'm going to do...now.
No comments:
Post a Comment