This morning's small tragedy:
Notice the sad little lump of purple in the bottom left hand corner. I would say this is more than a small tragedy, but I have to be realistic. Its just a single blossom from my orchid, its not a pet or even the whole plant. But you have to understand how I've been nurturing this poor thing since it began to sprout a new spike back in December. Since I had never gotten an orchid to bloom again, I was pretty excited.
Those two blossoms looked so promising and they were so close to opening up. Out of nowhere this morning one of them drops off. I don't know if I just bumped it or something is wrong. It makes me pretty nervous about the one left too. If anybody has any idea why that would happen let me know.
For now, I think I just need a little time to mourn.
3 comments:
Too much water will do that, keep them on the dry side once the buds come out. I got an orchid too on my BD!
Too much water will do that - keep them on the dry side once you see buds. I got an orchid too on my BD!
Go to Trader Joe's and get one for seven bucks!!! :D
Post a Comment