I finally made it home, well to my parents' new house, and wedding planning is in full swing. which is rather painful, of course. The only hope that keeps me going is that this is my only wedding. ever. And that when my sisters get married I will still be living far away and can only come for about a week to help them with the last minute details. Then I will only be able to simply reassure them through email in the midst of their stress.
As much as I thought I would hate wedding planning, I do. My mother isn't much better. Which is why we have spent most of our time so far looking at engagement pictures, picking out annuals and hydrangea bushes, and working in the yard.
Thankfully no one has bought me a wedding planning 3 ring binder, because I might have sat down right then and bought the tickets to Vegas.
However, we have finished the invitations, as difficult as it was. I still don't really understand why we just can't call everyone. Wouldn't it be more inviting to hear the bride's voice than to just get a slip of colored paper in the mail?
Whatever, I'm going to the beach today to reward myself for all of that hard work.
2 comments:
you're such a whiner.
I can relate....Oh the fun memories. But you are right, this is your only wedding - so enjoy the ride. You have less than two months! I'm glad to hear you guys made it back safely. We need to catch up :o) (I changed my blog-This is Em)
Post a Comment